Countdown to Halloween2013

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Time Flies

The birds are everywhere, we have a nest in the back of the house (the one I am taking pics of), there is one in the front now with 4 eggs, there are birds all over the place mating and building nests and just being obnoxious. I sincerely hope the remaining 3 in this nest make it to fly away and be grown up Robins. I believe that they or at least one of these will be flying away this weekend. The runt may take a couple more days. We have had bad storms, but rainbow promises and no damage in my neighborhood. I am saddened that one of the birds did not make it past Friday of last week, my dog found it quite a distance from the nest on the ground. Couldn't tell what had killed it, there was no apparent damage to the bird. Doves, blackbirds, and blue jays have flown at the nest as if to attack it but the mama and daddy birds always seem to protect it very well. One of them even tried to attack me this week after the loss of one of the babies. I don't blame them. There has been progress on my creative work space and I hope to feel even more accomplished by the end of this weekend.















No comments:

Post a Comment